1. I watched Amelie for the first time ever. I cried during the last scene with Amelie and Nino on the motor bike driving through Paris streets. Not just because it was perfect, but because the movie was over. I watched it the next day with Spencer, who also thought it was wonderful. I like watching a movie first and then watching it with Spencer. I like to look at him during the funny parts to see his reaction.
2. I’m looking at GoPros and 50mm/1.8 lenses. I want both and I want them now. Really I want a F1.4 but ain’t nobody got money for that.
3. I came home from work and made myself a cup of hot chocolate. 1 teaspoon of cocoa, 4 teaspoons of sugar, one mug of milk.
4. I read the two sentences my brother wrote home to us. He’s on a mission in Uruguay. There’s an Elder Rust who has red hair. That’s pretty much all I know.
5. Our tax returns are coming and we’re feeling rich. Rich, like, “Oh you made how much? Oh okay, here’s every cent you paid in taxes last year so you don’t die” rich. Cool with me, yo.
6. I’m thinking about being with Megan in Europe. Train rides, plane rides, bike rides, gondola rides, rowboat rides. Pizza in Italy. Gelato in Italy. Crepes in France.
7. I’m thinking about squeezing my cousins’ cheeks in Hawaii. Snorkeling with Mom. Taking pictures with Dad. Eating pancakes with coconut syrup. Cracking my sunglasses.
8. I’m thinking about the things I’m good at–speaking in front of a large group of people, writing papers, analyzing shit, remembering symbols and metaphors and stories, smiling, listening, saying thank you, acting like a big dork, laughing at inappropriate things, budgeting, being a leader, being powerful, being empathetic, doing an A+ job at work and school, knowing when someone is being manipulative.
9. I’m thinking about that one time when Spencer said, “When you lose it, you’re so articulate.” Hahahaha.
10. I’m remembering Spencer’s and my emergency Sunday grocery run yesterday to grab tampons and icy hot. The combination just cracks me up.
11. I’m thinking about one day in middle school this boy humiliated me on the bus ride home in front of all my friends and how, four years later, I made out with the same guy on a bench. The hell, Anne? What were you thinking?
12. I’m thinking about being 16 and sitting on the garden roof with Ethan and Ky a few days before flying to Germany and wearing blue jean sandals I bought from D.I.
13. I’m thinking about my first Sunday back from Germany, walking into church and seeing Megan and Tasia on the bench. And how we kept leaning over to grin at each other during Sacrament Meeting.
14. I’m thinking about this woman. She barely knew me. Three months after coming home from Germany, she said to me in front of my best friend, “You’re kind of strange since you got back from Germany. You used to be so bubbly and fun.” Lady, it’s called reverse culture shock and I hate you.
15. I’m happy today.